Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Rivers of Tears

While many wonder if I am getting excited for my trip, I must tell the truth. A heavy heart and what I sense as oppression overshadow my excitement. I am reminded that I am going to a country that for years Satan ruled through the leaders that was capped by the genocide. Satan does not like the fact the country is trying to reconcile; he is not pleased. He is not delighted that people would come to help people learn skills to teach and to apply as it relates to reconciliation and forgiveness.

My heart grows heavy as I am reading the Bishop of Rwanda. Reading about the plans that were put in place and how other countries helped prime Rwanda for the genocide made me ill. Reading the gruesome stories on how man became part of Satan’s army – at times demon possessed nearly put me over the edge. Many times I had to put the book down and pray that God would remove the visuals from my mind. I was crying the other night and found the tears were for those who suffered, for those who cannot escape the images because there is no book to put down, it is what they lived. They say 4 of 5 children in Rwanda lived through the genocide and saw the blood shed. Lives are forever changed bringing many psychological issues and physical issues as a result.

What kind of human would boil a baby in oil, shoot a baby in the chest sitting on his mothers lap before he kills her, leads parishioners to what they thought was safety to only be a death trap? The brutality was extreme and that is what makes reconciliation tough, as it isn’t so easy to forgive. There is far worse that was done to children would break your heart. I hold on to the fact they are with Jesus now and they do not recall any of that pain or horror they experienced.

The Bishop says in the book “shedding miles of tears before one is able to forgive. To repent of such cruelty requires divine motivation and divine presence to attempt it. To repent of such demonic cruelty requires the cross of Jesus right in the middle of it.”

Pray for protection – both spiritual and physical, for health and for safety. I am thankful my God is Jehovah Nissi – he goes before me in battle. I sense the battle has started and I am asking you to join me in fighting through prayer for Team Rwanda.

1 comment:

  1. Janelle - i love your posts. You are such a woman of God - you inspire me. I prayed for you and will continue to do so. love you!

    ReplyDelete