Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Word Association - Rwanda




Beautiful – Gracious – Humble – Kind – Thoughtful - Safe – Diverse – Loving - Green– Freedom in Worship – Precious – Forgiveness – Hope – Stories still to be shared – Servants - Opportunities - Yellow water jugs – Joy – Beauty for Ashes – Genuine - Beautiful children - God at work.

Those are just a few words that come to my mind when I think about Rwanda. What I know for a fact – I love the people and I am excited to see how God is at work!

In the past, I have gone on mission’s trips and have loved each country and the people but have never felt a desire to go back. In a few cases I support the ministries but have not felt compelled to return even when the opportunity has presented itself.

Coming home I felt a part of my heart remained in Rwanda but still had no idea if I would want to go back. My answer came, as I was journaling on the last flight home to West Palm Beach. I was writing overall reflections and had created categories and the next thing I knew I had written “opportunities for next trip”.

I am excited the possibility to back next year. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to take a team from Christ Fellowship or partner with World Help. God is at work and that gets me excited! More to come on this topic later but wanted to get that question out of the way!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to get caught up with your journals...I totally know the feeling about feeling compelled to go back, and knowing it's a God thing :) So pumped for you!!!

    ReplyDelete