Friday, November 11, 2011

Destiny and Flexibility

I have met 15 of my team members. Each of them brings a different sense of energy and insight and I am looking forward to serving with them and learning from them. I will meet the final 6 at the airport in the morning. Excited that through fb have alreaded connected with three of them so we will be able to pick up where we left off.



I was amazed at some of the stories team members shared on how they ended up applying for the trip. Our team leader, Dr. Corsini shared that there were 700 applicants for this trip. I was speechless, no mistaking it that God had a plan for me to be on the trip. He shared the first trip had 300 applicants so the response was amazing. Overwhelmed. This trip to Rwanda is part of my destiny. God's providence that I go, learn, experience and testify to what has happened.



Flexibility

The behavior most needed for this trip is flexibility. We have already seen the plans change and have been told they will change by the hour. I am excited about what we have been told that if even a portion comes to fruition it will be amazing. Currently we will have an opportunity to visit a windows village, orphanage and villages outside of Kilgali.



Our main purpose is to be witnesses for the western world to tell of what is happening in Rwanda as the west has in general chosen to overlook them. Pray that I will be a good listener, that my words would bring comfort and that I would be sensitive to when I should just be silent and be emotionally available just by sitting, providing a hug, holding a hand, whatever seems appropriate.



Flight Plans

For those who want to track my travels below is my flight plan:



Friday Nov. 11th - Washington Dulles, Ethiopian Air 501 departs 11:00 am est and lands in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Nov 12th 7:45 am Central African Time (6 hrs ahead)



Nov 12th - Addis Ababa Ethiopian Air 807 departs 10:50 am cat and lands in Kigali, Rwanda at 12:20 pm cat



Nov 19th - Kigali,Rwanda Ethiopian Air 806 departs 4:00 pm cat and lands in Addis Ababa at 7:30 pm



Nov 19th - Addis Ababa, Ethiopian Air 500 departs 10:15 pm and lands in Washington Dulles on Nov 20th at 7:40 am



Nov 20th - Washington Dulles USAir 2285 departs 1:40 pm and lands in Charlotte at 3:06 and then USAir 1017 departs for WPB at 4:25 pm and will be home 6:21 pm on Sunday night if all goes as planned

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say that I'm happy to be following your blog and am thinking about and praying for you! I know you are soaking in every moment, and allowing yourself to fully be in every moment, without distraction, to make the most of what He has for you!
    Sameer

    ReplyDelete