Sunday, October 30, 2011

Warrior Princess

Prayer Warrior

Prayer has never been one of my “spiritual gifts”. While we are all called to prayer as believers it isn’t one of my natural giftings. This past month God has made it clear; I need to become vigilante in my prayer life. That I need to be intentional and I need to be modeling for others what it means to petition God and to come with expectation that He has much to tell me if I will take the time to listen!

I am a Warrior Princess, as Beth Moore would say based on our Esther Study. It’s high time I take that role seriously as it relates to prayer.

Knowing our team is coming from around the US and we will not connect as whole team until we arrive at the airport on the 11th I was concerned. God was whispering in my ear to reach out and take the initiative to seek out prayer requests from the team.

Reading the requests of the team validated the fact much prayer is needed. Many on the team are under huge spiritual attack and warfare is occurring in their homes, their churches and among their immediate family.

Satan loves to distract and use lies to cause division. My heartbreaks but I know the prayer of the righteous avail much. So I am praying and I am using face book to send them updates as I pray so that they would be reminded someone has their back. I have sent the requests to the team so they too are praying.

God has much to teach me about prayer. Pray for me that I would continue to be diligent, intentional and nothing would get in my way that would keep me from carving out time to pray.

Rwanda


As I boarded the plan today for Kentucky, I finally had the chance to start reading the book I am required to read for Rwanda – The Bishop of Rwanda by John Rucyahana. The last team spent time with Bishop Rucayhana and we hope to have the same honor.

I am only about a quarter of the way through as he recounts the history of Rwanda from its’ colonial rulers as well as where the divisions began and why between the Hutu’s and the Tutsi’s. It is mind boggling what man will do to keep power and how the human mind can be conditioned to do things counter to what makes sense.

In the introduction he answered the question “Where was God?” His response: Man has free will, and God will, not override it. Sometimes evil has its day because men have so turned themselves over to it. But even then, God does not abandon them. God waits to perform a miracle.

He goes on to say: God has always used the broken, and He is using this broken nation to manifest His grace and power. He is taking the brokenness caused evil and using it for a greater purpose – a greater purpose – a greater reconciliation in a nation that the world had not only given up on, but had given over to the devil, and its own evil.

Gungor’s Song “Beautiful Things” is a reminder that God has a bigger purpose for our lives than we may ever know. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uumI-PdeZzY&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment