Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hurdles



95 weeks and 4 days of school have passed. Beyond my comprehension that in two days I will have earned my Masters Degree. God has done much heavy lifting in my life these past two years. 13 hurdles representing classes and surgery. Every hurdle has been cleared not by me, but by God. 12 cleared with the last one to go this Friday. Grateful, humbled and speechless.

Amazed that God had already chosen the best graduation present - a trip to the continent of Africa. The one place on earth I have longed to visit. Going to Africa and getting to use the skills that I have worked so hard to learn and employ these last two years is what God's economy looks like.

The two beads pictured above represent the final hurdles of school. The bird represents class 12 and the butterfly cameo my masters degree. Beyond comprehension by end of day Friday they will both be on my "shema" bracelet (more details on this next post).

Daily I grow encouraged knowing that my God can do far more than I could ever hope or dream is able to bring reconciliation to the country of Rwanda. A month from now I will be in Rwanda sharing love, wisdom, encouragement and hope. Wondering why I a so blessed to take this journey. Thankful He will be with me clearing one hurdle at a time.

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." 1 Peter 3:15

1 comment:

  1. I love your shema bracelet, what a reminder of how far God has brought you and honored your hard work!!! I can't wait to be reading your updates from rwanda!! so exciting!

    ReplyDelete