Monday, October 3, 2011

35 Days Until Rwanda

Checking things off the list, achieving goals, seeing countdowns go to Zero make me happy. I am less than two weeks away from having a M.A. in Pastoral counseling. Speechless!

Even harder to comprehend is 35 days from now I will be in transit to Rwanda! Would you believe the Avis shuttle driver I met the other week was from Uganda? What was a man from Uganda doing in Kentucky is what I wanted to know but we didn't have that much time. In my spare time (LOL) I have been trying to get a handle on the countries neighboring Rwanda. When he said Uganda I knew he was a neighbor. He taught me a word in swahili Nafurahi kukuona - "nice to meet you." I was struck by his kindness and desire to help me. I don't believe they speak swahili, I have a word! He also gave me a movie to watch before I went. When school is over on October 15th I will be renting Sometime in April. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBAB1d8Gfg8




Yellow Fever Shot

I remembered getting a card for to record shots when I went to Peru 4 years ago. I pulled our the card to see what shots I had and would you believe I had my yellow fever shot? It is good for 10 years so I am good! I haven't been in town long enough to call my doctor to see what other shots he wants me to have. Personal goal this week - call the doctor. Reading this makes you my accountability to get that consultation regarding shots. Feel free to ask me when you see me if I called the doctor.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you!! I love all the details! I can't believe how quickly the clock is ticking and before you know it you will be in Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete