Saturday, June 2, 2012

Inspiration from Re:New

A week ago I was in Wheaton, Illinois enjoying some time with my best friend before I headed to the wedding of one of the precious women I was blessed to mentor while she was at PBA.


My best friend Viv, told me about a shop called Re:New that was created for refugee women who had been placed by World Relief in Dupage County. I was excited to visit to see what types of bags and other items they were making. http://www.renewproject.org/story/


Adding 11 students to the scholarship program per my last post was exciting but it also meant that additional funds were needed. Ensuring we had funds once we figured out the plan for the widows was weighing on my heart. Knowing God would provide I was waiting with expectancy on ways that would happen.


Walking into the Re:New shop I was overwhelmed at the beauty and simplicity of the products the women were sewing. I asked the volunteer which bags were most popular and bought them to send as possible projects for the Vocational School. Knowing many have loved the handbag I brought back from Rwanda, I know there would interest in the other designs if they were available.






Cyrus will be taking the samples with him June 17th to share with the vocational school. I am hoping these designs will be something the sewing instructors embrace and find inspiration.


More to come... stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment